Visionworks Optometric Coordinator in Noblesville, Indiana
We are seeking a friendly, experienced and customer service oriented person for the position of Optometric Coordinator. The Optometric Coordinator is a Lead Optometric Technician who functions as an Optometrist’s office Coordinator. Associate will also assist with scheduling and training of Optometric Technicians and fit contact lenses and recheck lenses for the Optometrist. Additionally associate will also Educate patients on lens insertion and removal and overall care of contact lenses. Essential Responsibilities:**
- Ensure appointments are scheduled according to the Resource Scheduling guidelines, answer patient’s questions, check patients in and out, maintain patient records, collect payments, monitor and perform other front desk tasks as needed. Ensure calls for insurance pre-authorization. Notify patients when contacts are ready for dispense, confirm appointments, and contact no-shows.
- Confirm appointments and insurance pre-authorizations the day before; no shows are contacted the same day to reschedule appointments.
- Count the Optometrist’s daily revenue and prepare for deposit.
- Prepare the technician work schedules to meet patient/Doctor demand.
- Perform preliminary testing data collection as directed.
- Work with management to develop and facilitate OD Tech training. May cross train in the retail area when schedule allows.
- Maintain contact lens inventories through receiving shipments and replenishments, reorder both Model and Special Order contact lenses, reorder Contact Lens Solution starter kits as well as maintain supply inventories, special order log and process returns and exchanges through the Distribution Center.
Clean and maintain equipment and instruments in the optometric area Education:
6-10 years of related experience, optical preferred
- Bilingual Preferred
- Some college
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position.
*Visionworks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law. *
Job Requisition ID: DG24838
Job Title: Optometric Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 609 Noblesville, IN
Post Date: 01/27/2018